We regret immensely for every shed drop of blood in the Syrian conflict. We regret for all lost human lives in all war conflicts and social turmoils during the whole XX century. We regret that the humanity did not deduce the needful conclusions from all of this and did not take the appropriate measures by which the further conflicts would have been prevented, and as a result of that these negative incidents proceeded in the XXI century too. That’s a real shame for the intelligentsia in the social sciences and the intellectuals from the social public life.
The events in Syria are component of the events in all the Arab region and they will be regular phenomenon, not only in the Muslim countries, but also all over the world, as long as the private property over the means of production (including the land) is retained as a material base of the humanity. Comrades from Liwa al-Tawhid, Liwa al-Islam, Farouq Brigades and the Free Syrian Army, you have to understand something! With socialized property over the means of production (including the land), the private property over the means of life is guaranteed for everyone, but with private property over the means of production that’s not possible. This is the reason for all the social antagonisms which bring about wars and every kind of conflicts which cause human causalities and material damages.
Although both of those in power (Assad) and opposition (Syrian National Coalition), and in all the countries without exclusion, inspire their acts with (alleged, of course) patriotic and human pretexts, all of this is illusion. Pure selfishness and in its utmost extent is present in every their act.
Long time ago, from the disintegration of the primitive society it emerged the understanding that the interpersonal relations are wrongly set and different people by different means made efforts to repair them. Their thoughts (of the Prophet Muhammad and Old Testament’s prophets) as God’s animation remained recorded in different holy books: the Bible, Koran and others. But the social development (more precisely the private interest of individuals) distorted all of this in its own opposite. Proofs:
1) Abu Dharr, the companion of Prophet Muhammad, protested against the accumulation of wealth by the ruling class during the caliphate of Uthman ibn Affan and according to Koran (xcii, 8-11). He urged the equitable redistribution of wealth: “The gold and silver that you hoard would be heated red one day in the fire of hell, and struck against your forehead.”
2) In the Bible there is the following command: “The land is not to be permanently sold because it is Mine, and you are only foreigners and temporary residents on My land.” (Leviticus 25:23), but today the people sell the land as it were their “property” and not “God’s” property. If they present themselves as believers, why they don’t respect God’s word?
3) And even before this, one of The ten commandments says: “Thou shalt not kill”, or “If you love the poor and bring them near you. . .God will bring you near Him on the Day of Resurrection.” (Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1376), but the people, even the born brothers exploit and kill each other.
4) In The Quran it says: “God has forbidden usury/riba” (Al-Baqra verse no. 275), but today who has given something to someone without interest and does someone gives something without interest? (Many Arab countries including Kuwait do not want anything to do with free-interest credit system. One of the most conservative Islamic countries in the world, Iran began allowing her Islamic banks to charge between 4 – 8% interests on loans.)
Yes, the people are “great believers” only for rituals: prayers, fast, bowing, pilgrimage, etc., but over realization of the spirit of the holy books – over realization of “The kingdom in earth as it is in heaven…” they don’t think at all. Are they believers? For certain, they are not. Faith is knowledge of the spirit of the holy books. The faith means knowledge, wisdom and accurate reflection.
Abu Dharr advocated that nothing should be kept in the Baitul Mal and all that was there should be distributed among the Muslims because the Baitul Mal was not the property of Allah (Allah has no need of money), it was the property of the Muslims. Thus, if the means of production are in socialized property, then everyone – children, crippled and old men – operate with these means of production according to their abilities and there are no unemployed. And because everyone can produce more than he/she needs it – a fact which since Adam and Eve till today allowed a growth of the world population to 7.143 billion people – then the consumption is carried out on the basis of the principle “to everyone according to his/her needs”. Does this fall short of something? Yes, the private propety. But the private property is against Allah’s will and against the very logic. A verse in the Quran reads: “The God belongs the kingdom of the heavens and of the earth, and all that is in them, and He is powerful over everything.” (al-Ma`idah 5:120) And according to the logic which is impossible to be refuted, “a private property” can exist to the extent of the needs of means of life which are produced by the means of production in socialized property. All other arguments as well the current practice are nonsense from which result only troubles.
Only for the intellectuals and the leaders (religious and secular) in the XX century it’s great shame and still greater sin that despite all the holy books and despite all the scientific achievements they allowed the people’s sufferings to last further. That’s a crime against the humanity and a proof for the happenning of what Isaiah says: “For the leaders of this people cause them to err; and they that are led of them are destroyed.” (Isa. 9:16) If the people alone does not advise itself and does not understand that there is no use of any leaders, its suffering will last further.
Only by the realization of the following measures the society of Syria will find its balance rotating around the Sun – Labor:
1) Socialization of the means of production with shortening of the working day and increasing the number of shifts until everyone is not employed: the children are employed for acquirement of working habits, and the old men and crippled are employed for not being anyone’s burden;
2) Because of the socialization of the means of production there is no need of private exchange and market economy. Because everyone can produce more than he/she needs it, thus a free exchange of labor is carried out between the producers, and the consumption is organized on the base of the principle “to everyone according to his/her needs”. This implicates an abolition of all the activities and categories related to the market economy – trading, money, rent, interest, bankers etc. which to a great extent rationalizes the social production;
3) Because of the first and second measures “the private interest” is abolished which today is a basic generator of all the social antagonisms. The abolition of the private interest leads to disappearence of all the social conflicts from which abolition of the professions, lawyers, judges, and even the police, army, inquiring offices etc.;
4) Because of the exceeding shortening of the working day, the leisure time is increased for all the employed and this gives opportunities to all their skills being developed and to realization “universal developed individual”;
5) Systematic measures for “spatial planning of the environment” are organized anad carried out in order to avert all the consequences from the past spontaneous development of the society. (The dead water supplies are “revived”, the barren regions are afforested, all the buildings which destroyed the agrarian land are dislocated, etc.)
The above measures cannot be rebuked with anything or objected with any reason except for “denying” the private property. But, on the other part these measures provide everyone with “private property” over the means of life (For example, Abu Dharr held that one should have only as much money which was just enough for one day’s bread.) and they guarantee the existence and the progress of humanity, that cannot be the case with the private property over the means of production. Only that “private property” over means of life has to be provided by everyone through his/her individual labor employed at the means of production and this is harmonious with the words from the Bible: “Yea, ye yourselves know, that these hands have ministered unto my necessities, and to them that were with me.” (Acts 20:34) Or: “Work with your own hands.” (1 Thes. 4:11) Or: “If any would not work, neither should he eat.” (2 Thes. 3:10).
Sad to say, with the mechanism of the market-commodity-money economy, where the private property over the means of production dominates those who do not work at all they have the best diet and rule over the humanity. “The people before you were destroyed because they inflicted legal punishments on the poor and forgave the rich.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Hadith 778)
Tomislav and Lazar, The Syrian peoples’ friends from Republic of Macedonia